Saturday, December 14, 2013

No autocad required

I mass produced these cards for our office Christmas party.  Since we are a designer-ish company, I thought these were fitting.  I remembered Tim Holtz (I just love that my Samsung galaxy note recommends Holtz as the next word after I Swype "Tim") talked about liking distress stain for quickly laying down color, so that's what I did.  The first part I cut was the holly so that I could get the Stickles berries drying.  I used mowed grass stainon white card stock and then stamped with black archival ink.  All the stamping was done with same archival by the way.  Then I got to cutting out 10.  I had stamped just the hat portion all aroud the sheet, so with the help of the magnetic platform it was a snap going back and forth through the vagabond.  Wash, rinse repeat, with the nose (spiced marmalade),  hat (used vintage photo and weathered wood - liked both), scarf (festive berries) and arms (well, gathered twigs of course)  Then, cut 10 tags from manila cardstock using the Tim Holtz sixxiz tag die and cut a bunch of grommets using same die and metal tape from the hardware store.  I stamped the entire image on the tag and then assembled, mostly using mounting tape.  The arms were glued on.  My only tip would be to keep an eye on all your bits, especially the noses.  If you craft like I do, you sometimes have a hard time finding little bits.  I kept a tin next to the vagabond while I was cutting.  Anyway, it,was fairly simple and easy enough to do quite a few

No comments:

Post a Comment