Sunday, August 21, 2011

I'm a bit creeped out

I have to admit, I’m a bit creeped out.  Probably because this is not where I thought I was going.  GM 20 this week is distress stickles.  My stock currently consists of rock candy and picket fence.  IMO distress stickles is perfectly suited for doing old fashioned post cards or scraps.  Gives the look of old glitter that’s flaked a bit over time.  Simon says stamp says show some bling, so I thought I could work both together into an old fashioned Halloween greeting.  In addition to the stickles and the bling I thought rosettes would add just the right touch.  It started glamorously enough….I cut a tag out of black card stock (TH die) and embossed a TH flourish in black.  Then I gave it a smear of silver dauber and scrubbed it off again.  The trouble started when I couldn’t find the glamour Victorian witch image that I was seeing in my head.  That’s when things started going in a different direction.  I had this old photo of someone’s progeny and started thinking about shopping some witches hats on them…..worked pretty well.  Suddenly, the fact that they were holding hands was no longer a good thing!  “If you don’t give us candy, we’re going to start chanting”. 
The rosettes (TH Mini Rosette die) were cut from a sparkly black coredination paper, layered with 2 of the Halloween TH tissue tapes and smeared with rock candy distress stickles.  Rock Candy also appears on the tag in a few spots, on the witch’s hats and along the edge of the laced.  The bling I picked up a Michaels.  It’s a really cool black/grayish iridescent color.   There’s some nasty looking feathers and the misshapen donut is picket fence distress crackle and UTEE.   If you’re here, you know what I mean by TH, but for the record, check out the awesomeness here
So, thanks for stopping by….I love your comments! 

13 comments:

  1. Hey Kathleen! Your Halloween piece is really neat! I like it alot!! Love the rosettes and the black lace behind them. The vintage picture is cool, too. Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even remember that Picket Fence was a Distress item! Your 'creepy' piece is pretty wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulously spooky! I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, first, forehead slap ... I've never even THOUGHT about making the rosettes anything but bold and bright and happy ... you've clearly talked me down from that stupidity ... your black and silvery rosettes are FANTASTIC!

    Then the stellar background, slightly creepy kiddos ... I love, love, LOVE this tag!

    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a lovely tag! I LOVE it, so many nice details. Your blog is really nice, and so many tags that I love. I became a follower, hope it is OK.
    Have a nice and creative week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo what a tag ! great the way you have pulled it all together :) love it
    Von x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect for halloween! Love the subtle shimmer the stickles gives.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving this "creepy" tag and that picture of the girls is so darn cute in a freeky kinda way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool, I love the rosettes,really great.trace x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, such a fantastic piece, love the Halloween look and the black lace.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Black rosettes = creepy cool! Love this piece and when I double-clicked I could see that awesome scroll in the background. Super texture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect Hallowwen piece. Just love it. I better get started with mine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This turned out just fine ;0)love that rosette Dxx

    ReplyDelete